Are you looking to advance your career in software testing, expand your knowledge, and have something tangible to show for it?
If so, you may want to consider the value of ISTQB software test certification. Of all the various certification programs available, we support the ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) program because it is vendor-neutral, open to everyone, and internationally respected and recognized. Over 165,000 software testers in over 50 countries have been certified at the Foundation level in this program!
We can help prepare you and your team to achieve both Foundation and Advanced level certifications. Our Foundation level course is available in online format, so you can study at your own pace at your work, home, or wherever. You can take the Foundation level exam at testing centers worldwide.
Our courses are not brain dumps to cram for an exam. You will be very well prepared for the exam, plus you will have lots of real-world techniques you can use on your job and in your career.
Our courses are fully accredited. The Foundation level course written by Randall Rice is accredited by the ASTQB. The Advanced level courses written by Grove Consultants are accredited by the UKTB.
About the Certifications
ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL)
The Foundation Level certification is for anyone involved in software testing, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Foundation Level certification is also suitable for those who want a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants. Once you achieve the Foundation Level certification, you will be able to go on to a higher level software testing qualification.
- Understanding concepts for general types of applications
- Experience Requirement: None
- Certification Prerequisite: None
- Fee: US $250. Re-examination fee, if needed, is the same
- No re-certification requirements (no additional courses, activities, fees, etc.)
- Establish a broad understanding of fundamental and key concepts in software testing
- Provide a foundation for professional growth
- Gain an understanding of key concepts in software testing by committed test professionals
Syllabus/body of knowledge covers
- Fundamentals of testing, test management, testing tools, test planning approaches, and basic performance testing
- Syllabus-based training courses are typically 3 days
- Download the Foundation syllabus here.
- Written exam of 40 multiple-choice questions
- Score of 65% or more is passing
- One hour is allowed to take the exam
- May be taken as a scheduled public exam, an electronic exam at select test centers, or onsite at one's company
Sample Foundation Level Question Sets
The ASTQB (American Software Testing Qualifications Board) offers two sets of sample questions for study purposes. While neither set is a "true" exam, built perfectly to ISTQB guidelines, each will give the potential examinee an opportunity to test syllabus and glossary knowledge. Each set contains 40 questions, so it can be used as well as a time test for the real 60-minute 40-question exam.
ISTQB Certified Tester, Advanced Level (CTAL)
The Advanced Level qualification is for people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants. To receive Advanced Level certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and satisfy the Exam Board which examines them that they have sufficient practical experience to be considered Advanced Level qualified.
- Experience Requirement: 3 years of verifiable full-time experience in software or systems testing, development, quality assurance, engineering or a related field
- Certification Prerequisite: ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Fees: US $200.00 per exam, with a US $100.00 qualification fee
- Advanced Level Test Analyst
- Advanced Level Test Manager
- Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst
- Ensure consistent understanding and execution of proven cutting-edge techniques by seasoned test professionals
- Support on-going professional growth
- Lead the software testing profession
Syllabus/body of knowledge covers
- Advanced behavioral and structural test techniques for testers and programmers, sophisticated test management concepts,test process improvement, test automation, and advanced performance, usability, and other non-functional test types.
- Syllabus-based training courses for all three exams are between 11 and 15 days.
- Written exam of 65 multiple-choice questions
- Score of 65% or more is passing at present
- Three hours are allowed to take the exam
- May be taken as a scheduled public exam at any time when a Foundation exam is given, or onsite at one's company. Online exams are not available.