This is a course for new and aspiring software test team leaders. It contains four hours of recorded narration that covers the core topics for test management including:
- Test planning
- Test management and control
- Test measurement
- Test estimation
- Risk assessment and testing
- Incident reporting
- Configuration management
- Dealing with the people issues in software testing
The core material is taken from the course Foundation Level Training in Software testing based on the current ISTQB syllabus.
Your instructor will be Randy Rice, a recognized authority in the QA and testing field. As a result of attending this seminar, you should have a good working knowledge of software test management and what it takes to design and conduct an effective test of software, regardless of the technology.
This course will help you become more comfortable and confident in managing the testing of software applications at just about any level of detail: unit, integration, system, and user acceptance. You will emerge from this course knowing how to keep a testing project on track.
Return on Investment
Learn how to effectively and successfully manage a testing effort
Understand the key issues in testing software applications.
Learn how to create high-level test plans
Learn from an industry recognized expert in software testing and quality
Advance your career by reinforcing your testing expertise.
Who Will Benefit
Test managers and leaders (current or future)
Module FNDE - Test Management (3 hrs)
- Test Organization
- Test Organization And Independence
- Tasks Of The Test Leader And Tester
- Test Planning And Estimation
- Test Planning
- Test Planning Activities
- Exit Criteria
- Test Estimation
- Test Approaches (Test Strategies)
- Test Progress Monitoring And Control
- Test Progress Monitoring
- Test Reporting
- Test Control
- Configuration Management
- Risk And Testing
- Project Risks
- Product Risks
- Incident Management
Module STBA - Surviving the Top Ten Challenges of Software Testing (48 mins.)
The Top 10 Challenges
- Lack of Training
- "Us" vs. "Them" Mentality
- Lack of Test Tools
- Lack of Management Understanding/Support of Testing
- Lack of Customer and User Involvement
- Not Enough Time for Testing
- Over-reliance on Independent Testing
- Rapid Change
- Testers are in a "Lose/Lose" Situation
- Having to Say "No"
Solutions to Each Challenge
Module TTLH - People Issues in Testing (17 mins.)
- The Role of Testing in a Project
- Working with Developers
- Working with Users
- Keeping Management Informed of Progress
- Managing Expectations
- What Can a Tester Reasonably Assess or Recommend?
- Checklists and Templates
- Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text
- You will have the basic information needed to plan and execute an effective test of a software application.