"Testware" is a term used to describe all of the materials used to perform a test. Testware includes test plans, test cases, test scripts, and any other items needed to design and perform a test.
Designing tests effectively, maintaining the test documentation, and keeping track of all the test documentation (testware) are all major challenges in the testing effort. This course is designed to teach the process of dealing with all aspects of testware before, during and after the test.
This course is not designed to teach how to develop test cases and test scripts, but rather how to organize and manage them.
- Get the most out of your existing investment in testing and how to leverage that investment.
- Understand the key issues in developing testware.
- Learn how to design tests that adequately cover requirements and business events.
- Advance your career by reinforcing your testing expertise.
- Test Managers
- Test Team Leaders
- Test Engineers
- Test Designers and Analysts
- Software Developers
This course requires a working knowledge of testing terms, test planning, test execution and test reporting.
This course is presented on an in-house basis only unless offered as a special public course. Contact us for information about how to bring this course into your organization.
Module MCTA - Testware Defined
- What is Testware?
- What is the Purpose of Testware?
- Why are the Management and Control of Testware Important?
- The Sources of Testware
- Key Concerns for Testware
Module MCTB - Roles and Responsibilities for Testware
- Test Manager
- Test Engineer
- Test Analyst/Designer
- Senior Management
Module MCTC - Testware Standards
- What is a Standard?
- Why are Test Standards Important?
- How Testware Standards Fit Into the Testing Process
- Sources of Testware Standards
- Strategies for Developing Your Own Standards
- Examples of Testware StandardsCritical Success Factors for Standards
- Test Strategy
- Test Plans
- Test Scripts
- Test Cases
- Test Reports
Module MCTD - The Testware Lifecycle
- The Testware Lifecycle
- Step 1 – Testware Design and Creation
- Step 2 – Review and Pre-Test
- Step 3 – Perform Test and Refine
- Step 4 – Report Test Results
- Step 5 – Perform Ongoing Maintenance to Testware
Module MCTE - Tools For Testware Creation and Management
- Testware Creation Tools
- Testware Management Tools
- Structural Management Tools
- Requirements Management
- Version Control
- Configuration Management
- Building Your Own Tools
- How Do the Tools Work Together?
- Checklists and Templates
- Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text commentary