IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA) Training Course
3 Day Workshop
This course is available in in-house (at your company) and E-learning.
This workshop is designed to prepare you for the CFLBA examination. This course provides a basic understanding of the requirements process from beginning to end.
The sessions are designed to take you through methods for analyzing the problem to be solved, gathering user input to determine user needs, documenting the requirements for the problem solution, managing the entire requirements lifecycle, and testing the requirements.
Each module is reinforced with group exercises to allow you immediate application of the concepts presented in each module. At the conclusion of the workshop, a question and answer session will be conducted to deal with some of the most frequently asked questions.
The course provides 100% coverage of the CFLBA Syllabus (Version 3, 2018)
By attending this workshop, you should leave equipped to gather, define, manage and validate requirements in his or her own organization. No special knowledge of systems or requirements is required or assumed to attend this workshop.
Who Should Attend
• Project leaders
• Business Analysts
• Software designers
• Software developers
• Test team leaders
Return on Investment
• Learn how to define, understand the problem to be solved through problem analysis.
• Learn techniques for getting the user perspective.
• Learn documenting requirements and the SRS standards for documenting.
• Advancing your skills in requirements management to include scope management, managing expectations, refinement of requirements and change control.
• Learn the nine quality measures in testing requirements.
• Gain insight into managing scope creep, excessive and uncontrolled changes, how to start and when to stop.
• Advance your career by broadening your skills to gather, define, manage and validate requirements.
1. Fundamentals of Business Analysis (K2)
1.2 Role of a Business Analyst (K2)
1.3 Overview on the Business Analysis Activities (K1)
1.4 Competencies (K2)
2. Strategy Definition (K3)
2.1 Internal Analysis (K3)
2.1.1 Vision, Mission and Business Goals (K2)
2.1.2 Business Process Analysis (K3)
2.1.3 The Concept of Business Need (K1)
2.1.4 Gap Analysis (K1)
2.2 External Analysis (K2)
2.2.1 Market Research and Analysis (K2)
2.2.2 User Needs Identification (K1)
2.3 Stakeholder Identification (K2)
2.4 Solution Proposal & Analysis (K2)
2.5 Project Initiation (K1)
3. Management of Business Analysis Process (K3)
3.2 Approaches to Business Analysis (K3)
3.2.1 Traditional vs Agile Environments (K3)
3.2.2 Interdisciplinary Approach (K1)
3.3 Communication (K3)
3.4 Products (K2)
3.5 Tools and Techniques (K2)
3.5.1 Tools (K2)
3.5.2 Techniques (K2)
3.5.3 Notations (K2)
4. Requirements Engineering in Business Analysis (K3)
4.2 Requirements Development (K3)
4.2.1 Elicitation (K3)
4.2.2 Analysis and Modeling (K3)
4.2.3 Specification (K3)
4.2.4 Verification & Validation (K2)
4.3 Requirements Management (K3)
4.3.1 Introduction (K1)
4.3.2 Information Architecture (K3)
4.3.3 Requirements Communication (K1)
4.3.4 Traceability (K3)
4.3.5 Configuration Management (K2)
4.3.6 Solution Scope Management (K2)
4.3.7 Quality Assurance (K2)
4.4 Tools and Techniques (K2)
4.4.1 Tools (K2)
4.4.2 Techniques (K2)
4.4.3 Notations (K2)
5. Solution Evaluation and Optimization (K3)
5.2 Optimization (K1)
• Helpful modeling tool information
• Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text
• You will have the basic information needed to gather, define, manage and validate requirements.
• You will be prepared to take the CFLBA exam.