1 Day Seminar
This is a practical seminar designed to provide a quick start in testing web-based applications. You will learn the terminology, the unique issues, and the process for testing web-based applications. As a result of attending this seminar, you should have an increased comfort level in testing web-based applications.
A Web-Based Testing Overview will help you become more comfortable and confident in dealing with web-based testing issues. You will emerge from this one-day session knowing how to develop a web-based test strategy and plan. You will also have a working knowledge of how to perform a test of web-based applications.
Internet technology is a revolutionary resource that has the power to transform organizations, giving them a competitive advantage in today’s global marketplace. New business technologies such as E-commerce can help your company become more competitive and ultimately, more profitable. However, technologies such as E-commerce carry unique and increased risks that testers need to know to find problems before customers find them.
Who Should Attend
• QA and test managers
• Test analysts
• End users
• Web developers
• Mainframe and client/server developers making the transition to web development.
• General managers who are responsible for making IT quality decisions in their organizations
• IT auditors and internal auditors
Return on Investment
• Learn how to find costly and embarrassing problems before your customers find them.
• Understand the unique differences in testing web-based applications.
• Become familiar with web terminology so that you can interact confidently with web developers
• Choose the most effective test options for your company among competing techniques.
• Understand which risks are associated with web-based technologies and how they can affect your test planning and execution.
• Get the most out of your existing investment in testing and how to leverage that investment for web testing.
• Advance your career by broadening your testing expertise.
Module WTOA - How Internet Systems Differ From Other Technologies (1 hr.)
• The Impact of Internet On Test Strategies
• The Key Areas of Focus For Internet Testing
• The Role of Verification And Validation In Testing Internet Systems
• Security Implications
• Skills Needed for Testing Web-based Applications
• Benefits of Internet Technology
Module WTOB - An Internet Testing Strategy (1 hr.)
• Key Areas of Concern
• Who Does What?
• Test Environment Considerations
Module WTOC - An Internet Testing Process (2 hrs.)
• The Workbench Approach
• The Steps
• How Testing Fits Into the Internet Systems development Lifecycle
• Unit testing
• Integration testing
• System testing
• User acceptance testing
Module WTOD - An Overview of Internet Test Tools (1 hr.)
• HTML Test Tools
• DHTML Test Tools
• XHMTL Test Tools
• Java Test Tools
• Load/Stress Testing Tools
• Other Types of Testing Tools
Case Study and Exercise (1.5 hrs.)
• Checklists and Templates
• Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text
• You will have the basic information needed to plan and execute an effective test of a web-based application.