Buy it Today!
Randy's book, Surviving the Top Ten Challenges of Software
Testing, will help you solve some of your toughest testing problems: people problems!
Click on the image to buy it from bn.com.
Using JAD Right
Joint Application Development (JAD) is a powerful technique, if used properly, to get the users’ perspective of a system to be built.
This workshop is designed to teach people how to get the user and customer perspective by using a variety of facilitation techniques. This is a very experiential course, with more exercises than lecture. Practical exercises and case studies are used to allow people to put into practice the techniques they are learning.
The course textbook is Joint Application Development by Jane Wood and Denise Silver.
Return on Investment
- Learn how to get the information to build the correct system.
- Understand the facilitation and people issues in JAD.
- Learn how to get information effectively through team-based sessions.
- Advance your career by reinforcing your analysis expertise.
Who Will Benefit
- Test analysts and testers
- QA analysts
- Business analysts
- IT managers
- Project managers and team leaders
- Anyone interested or responsible for working with users in system development!
The program requires only basic IT knowledge or experience. Testing knowledge or experience is not a pre-requisite.
This course is presented on an in-house basis only unless offered as a special public course.
Contact us for information about how to bring this course into your organization.
Content and Structure
Foundations - What is JAD and How Can it Help You?
The JAD Process
How to Build the Team
Defining the JAD Project
The Final Deliverable
Leading the Session
Pitfalls to Avoid
A Facilitator's Toolkit
Creativity in the Process
Tools for the Process
The Big Picture - How Does JAD Work With Other Methodologies?
- Checklists and Templates
- Course notebook with slides images, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text
- Textbook - Joint Application Development by Jane Wood and Denise Silver.
- You will have the basic information needed to perform effective JAD sessions in your organization.
To be announced
Online Course - Unit Testing
Online Course - Gathering, Documenting and Testing User Requirements!
New Course Series - IEEE Standards
Join Our Free Newsletter
"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." -- Vince Lombardi