Buy it Today!
Randy's book, Surviving the Top Ten Challenges of Software
Testing, will help you solve some of your toughest testing problems: people problems!
Click on the image to buy it from bn.com.
Use Cases From Concept to Test Cases
This one-day workshop is designed to show by example how to write, review and test use cases. The result of this workshop is an increased understanding of use cases and how to apply that understanding in real-life projects.
This workshop is perfect for organizations that need a quick start in writing use cases.
Return on Investment
- Learn how to define and solve the right problem and avoid spending tons of money building the wrong system.
- Learn how to find problems in use cases before they ripple through the rest of the project, where they are much more costly to fix.
- Understand the key issues in identifying and writing use cases.
Learn how to design tests that adequately cover use cases.
- Get the most out of your existing investment in user requirements and use cases and how to leverage that investment.
- Advance your career by reinforcing your software engineering expertise.
Who Will Benefit
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- System designers
- Software engineers and developers
- QA analysts
- Test analysts
The program requires only basic IT knowledge or experience. Business knowledge is highly
desirable. Technical documentation knowledge or experience is not a pre-requisite.
This course is presented on an in-house basis only unless offered as a special public course.
Contact us for information about how to bring this course into your organization.
Content and Structure
Module 1 - Introduction to Use Cases
This module shows the nature, history and purpose of use cases. In addition, this module establishes a solid foundation of the strengths and limitations of use cases.
- What is a Use Case?
- The History of Use Cases
- The Purpose of Use Cases
- How Use Cases Fill Gaps in Requirements
- The Relationship Between Use Cases and Requirements
Module 2 - Writing Effective Use Cases
This module shows by example how to write an effective use case.
- The Components
- The Four-phase Evolutionary Approach to Writing Use Cases
- Exercise: Writing a Basic Use Case
Module 3 - Getting Use Cases Right
This module teaches how to find problems in use cases.
- How to Review Use Cases
- What to Look For – Examples of Errors and Gaps Seen in Use Cases
- Exercise: Reviewing a Use Case
Module 4 - Test Cases From Use Cases
This module describes use cases and how they can be used to design tests
- Sample Use Case
- Translating Use Cases into Test Cases
- Filling in the Gaps with Other Test Case Techniques
- Sample Test Case Derived from Use Case
- Establishing Traceability between Use Cases, Test Cases and Requirements
- Exercise: Developing a Set of Test Cases from a Use Case
Module 5 - Summary
- Top 5 Seminar Points
- Final Questions and Answers
- Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists, complete examples and supporting text
- You will have the basic information needed to plan and execute an effective test of a software application.
To be announced
Online Course - Unit Testing
Online Course - Gathering, Documenting and Testing User Requirements!
New Course Series - IEEE Standards
Join Our Free Newsletter
"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." -- Vince Lombardi