Buy it Today!
Randy's book, Surviving the Top Ten Challenges of Software
Testing, will help you solve some of your toughest testing problems: people problems!
Click on the image to buy it from bn.com.
"Mr. Rice has a great personality.
One of the best instructors I've ever had!" -Latanya Stiff
"Good presentation and thorough
knowledge of the subjects discussed. The book will be invaluable in the
future." -Greg Milton
This is a practical hands-on seminar to explore
the deeper issues of testing e-commerce applications. A major aspect of testing
e-commerce is security, so significant time is devoted to security testing. You
will learn the terminology, the unique issues, and the process for testing
e-commerce applications. As a result of attending this seminar, you should be
able to understand e-commerce and security testing and have a working knowledge
of designing and performing test cases for e-commerce.
E-commerce and Security Testing will help
you become more comfortable and confident in dealing with e-commerce testing
issues. You will emerge from this one-day session knowing how to develop a
e-commerce application test strategy and plan. You will also have a working
knowledge of how to perform a test of an e-commerce application.
E-Commerce and Security Testing is the
second course in a three-part web testing trilogy. The first part is Web
Testing Overview and the third part is Testing
Internet technology is a revolutionary resource
that has the power to transform organizations, giving them a competitive
advantage in today’s global marketplace. E-commerce can help your company
become more competitive and ultimately, more profitable. Learn the issues and
processes for effectively testing this dynamic and profitable technology by
attending this hands-on course.
- Learn how to find costly and embarrassing
problems before your customers find them.
- Understand the key issues in testing
- Understand which risks are associated with
e-commerce and how they can affect your test planning and
- Get the most out of your existing investment
in testing and how to leverage that investment for e-commerce testing.
- Advance your career by broadening your testing
- QA Managers
- Test managers
- Test analysts
- End users
- Web developers
- Mainframe and client/server developers making
the transition to web development.
- General managers who are responsible for
making IT quality decisions in their organizations
- IT auditors and internal auditors
The program requires basic IT
and testing knowledge or experience
This course is presented on an in-house basis only unless offered as a special
public course. Contact us for information about
how to bring this course into your organization.
Module 1 - Test Strategy (1 hr.)
- E-Commerce Test Strategy
- What Is E-Commerce?
- An E-Commerce Schematic
- An E-Commerce Hierarchy
- The Technical Components of E-Commerce
- The Human Components of E-Commerce
- The External Components of E-Commerce
- Risks of E-Commerce
- E-Commerce Critical Success Factors
- An E-Commerce Testing Process
- A Test Strategy for E-Commerce
Module 2 - E-commerce Risk Assessment (.5 hr.)
- The Risk Assessment Process
- How to Present Risk Findings
Module 3 - E-commerce Test Tools (1 hrs.)
- Effective Tools for Testing E-Commerce
- Site Test Tools
- Load Test Tools
- Network Monitors and Analyzers
- Vulnerability Scanners
- Defect Tracking
- Test Management
- Test Case Generators
- Test Data Generators
- How Do the Tools Work Together?
- Keys to Successfully Applying the Tools
- How to Build Your Own Tools
Module 4 - E-Commerce Test Case Design (1.5 hrs.)
- A Test Case Framework
- A Test Case Design Tool
- Test Case Design for E-Commerce Correctness
- Example for E-Commerce Correctness
- Test Case Design for E-Commerce Usability
- Example for E-Commerce Usability
- Test Case Design for E-Commerce Findability
- Example for E-Commerce Findability
- Test Case Design for E-Commerce Integration
- Example for E-Commerce Integration
- Organizing the Test Cases
- Performing the Test
Module 5 - E-Commerce Performance Testing (1 hr.)
- Key Concerns
- Performance Testing Process
- Determine test strategy and tools
- Profile existing load levels
- Calculate/Predict peak load levels
- Identify load points
- Script functions to be load tested
- Create unattended test scripts
- Perform test and measure results
Module 6 - E-Commerce Security Testing (1 hr.)
- Key Concerns
- The Impact of the Internet
- Security Testing Process
- Determine Test Strategy and Tools
- Perform Security Assessment
- What Are the Risks?
- What Are the Crackers After?
- How Do Intruders Gain Entry?
- Develop Security Policy
- Identify Security Risks: Functional & Structural
- Script Functions To Be Security Tested
- Design Automated Security Tests
- Perform Test And Report Results
- Which Tools are Applicable for Testing?
- Which Tools are Available for Prevention?
- Example: Designing and Performing an E-Commerce Security Test
- Checklists and Templates
- Web Sites
- Course notebook with slides, worksheets, checklists,
complete examples and supporting text
- You will have the basic information needed to plan and
execute an effective test of an e-commerce application.
Online Course - Unit Testing
Online Course - Gathering, Documenting and Testing User Requirements!
New Course Series - IEEE Standards
Join Our Free Newsletter
"Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." -- Vince Lombardi